Friday, May 4, 2012

Product review: Baxter of California Facial Scrub


A facial scrub is often overlooked by men, and may be regarded as something typically reserved for women.  I couldn't disagree more.  A good facial scrub is one of those important parts of getting a good quality shave and improving the appearance of your skin.  I've gone through numerous facial scrubs and have found some that feel like they really don't scrub at all and don't improve the skin.  That is not the case with this particular scrub, however.

I've used this product several times and I keep going back to it.  It does cost a bit more than what you might find at a supermarket, but the price (around $15) is very reasonable as compared to some of the higher-end and more expensive brands.  Previously, this scrub was packaged in a plastic jar.  The most recent one of these that I bought came in a squeeze tube.  Going from a jar to this seemed a little odd at first, but now I have come to prefer the tube.  It is easy to get the desired amount out of the tube without getting the contents wet (as sometimes happen with the jar).  Also, if you forget and leave the lid off the jar, it is has a tendency to dry up.  The scrub squeezes very easy out of tube, making it effortless.

Now, for the actual scrub, this is where this product excels.  It is recommended to use this scrub once or twice a week.  But wow, what a difference it makes smoothing my skin and clearing dead skin cells.  I notice a big difference in the appearance of my skin after using this scrub.  It just looks more vibrant and healthy, and contributes to a better shave as well.  It is fairly abrasive.  So, just lightly rub and scrub this onto your face and rinse it off.  If you're like me, you'll be pleased with the results.   The scrub has a light fragrance that smells better than some other products I have tried and does not smell too "chemically".  If you are familiar with cherry flavored Pop-Tarts, you may notice a similarity in the smell between those and this scrub (seriously!).  The scent vanishes very quick after you rinse the scrub off.

I think this is a really solid scrub for the price.  It is well worth spending a few extra dollars over products sold at a supermarket.  Using it only once a week, you should get a decent amount of uses out of it.  I definitely recommend this scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment